This set of flashcards currently contains many cards for learning programming-related topics. This is based off of the work done by Adam Bard and individual contributors on their Learn X in Y minutes site. It contains a whirlwind tour of your next favorite language. We ported this to make the flashcards so you can use them to get started!
Like Learn X in Y Minutes we want this to be a very community driven project so if you want to make your own flashcards to learn a different language go to GitHub and make a pull request!I want to add a new language!
The flashcards uses an app called Anki which is an open source app available on all platforms (Android, IOS & all desktops) which is based on spaced repetition. We like this app as you can add images, audio and much more to each card. It also encourages you to spend more time revising the things that you don't know than revising the things that you do. It includes a very good section on statistics so you can see analysis on your progress on the topic that you're learning.
First you will need to download Anki on your preferred device. View the download section of the website.Link to Anki
Then you will need to download the Flashcardsgit Flashcards Set theory Flashcards SQL Flashcards vim Flashcards
Now you will need to import the deck either from the app or by opening the file from your downloads and selecting the Anki app for your device.
You can now start learning!
If you're new to Anki or an expert feel free to watch our video on an introduction to Anki to review the basics.
Please note the modifications which have been made & where you can find updates.
- All the content from each topic has been arranged in a way that can be easily learnt from Anki, separated into decks for each programming language/topic.
- Any updates, corrections or translations to the deck will be available at https://github.com/darigovresearch/Learn-X-in-Y-minutes-Flashcards so do return periodically to check if you have the latest version.
- Modifications from the original work includes rearranging content to make it easier to learn/revise in Anki.
- The front of every card has "(Learn X in Y minutes topic_name)" appended to the end so that if you have any other words in your collection, the Learn X in Y minutes definition will still be added when importing it.
Feel free to share the deck and give the repository a star so more people are likely to see this work and can get the most out of it.
Potential Improvements Yet to be Made
- To automatically generate flashcards from updates in the source files
- To be able to automatically sort the cards so that the features which are used most in the page is displayed first for the user to learn.
Unless otherwise specified, everything in the flashcards is covered by the following license:
This work was based on the work Learn X in Y minutes started by Adam Bard, each set of flashcards is © original author and contributors, and licensed under a CC BY-SA 3.0 license.
To see this work in full go to https://learnxinyminutes.com/
This set of flashcards is and always will be available for free to download and use from the links above. However we pour our heart and soul into making all of our educational material high quality and useful for our users. This includes sourcing, porting, documenting and testing. If you wish to monitarily support us for these specific flashcards you are free to do so using the form below!
How much would you like to donate?
Click the buttons for common donation amounts or input a number manually (a minimum has been set due to merchant fees)